The role of the technical engineer is to develop application design and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. IT infrastructure may include systems, middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently code, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications. Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications. Document design and engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interface with stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization, and innovation and to ensure risk is understood and minimized
- Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution
- Monitor for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
- Design and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards Maintain and operate the application design. It includes but not limited to monitoring, performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
- Develop and document an integrated test plan for certification of technology solutions and application design in compliance with existing best practices
- Execute or support the test certification scripts, analyze the results to validate the results against established success criteria
- Support patching and incident and problem management activities
- Enables environment sustainability through technology training and development of user guides and knowledge artifacts
- Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must have 4+ years of experience and hands on experience working with large scale VMware and Windows Server environments.
- System engineering and administration experience in a VMware and Windows environment with substantial knowledge of the vSphere 5.x ,5,5 and 6.0, SRM 6.1 , vROPS and Windows server 2008 through 2012R2.
- Strong working knowledge for SRM, vSphere , Windows Image creation and hardening.
- Experience with Puppet , CISCO UCS , Storage technologies is preferable.
- Must have strong scripting skills h as ESXcli, PowerShell,
- Must be able to work independently on multiple concurrent tasks in a highly dynamic environment with strong customer service skills, team skills and the ability to collaborate within a cross functional team.
- Experience with Microsoft Clusters, IIS, replication software, and SSH/SCP software
- Server migration experience with tools such as PlateSpin and DoubleTake
- Preferable AWS experience
- Reporting and documentation
To apply for this job email your details to Info@princetonstaffingsolutions.com