Position Purpose: Administer, maintain, develop and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the availability, performance, and integrity of the company database. Mentor and act as the “go to person” for other Database Administrators.
Assist data modeling to design and implement data structures which meet the business requirement for timely, accurate data
Promote data quality and enforce data integrity
Resolve database performance issues, capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues
Determine user requirements, set up and test computer databases, and coordinate changes
Interact with development and end-user personnel to determine application data access requirements, transaction rates, volume analysis, and other pertinent data required to develop and maintain integrated databases.
Work with application teams and database architects to build database objects to support business initiatives.
Support the technical infrastructure of non-production environments.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 3+ years of related experience.
- Production support of a large footprint of high OLTP SQL Servers in corporate environments with sensitive data requirements
- SQL Server AlwaysOn design, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Providing guidance on database HA designs / comfortable recommending one HA or design solution over another
- Query Analysis and Tuning
- Troubleshooting database performance issues
- Database backup and restore techniques
- Database corruption resolution and recovery techniques
- Database migration and version upgrade techniques
- Technical documentation: creating and maintaining
- Microsoft Windows Clustering
- Transactional Replication and associated maintenance techniques for replicated databases.
- PowerShell or another scripting language
- Support of SQL Server Integration Services, Analysis Services, Reporting Services
To apply for this job email your details to Info@princetonstaffingsolutions.com