The Network/Security Engineer will join a technically diverse team with responsibility for managing the enterprise systems, networks and IT security infrastructure. This team is responsible for all aspects of the company’s customer facing, internal and disaster recovery systems over multiple locations. Additionally, this team is required to design and plan the various environments to account for changes in our systems and plan for growth of the organization.
The Network/Security Engineer is accountable for researching new solutions, documentation of the existing and proposed systems, and improving the stability, resiliency and general health of the networking environments. This role requires excellent technical skills with enterprise networking technologies, storage and server systems. The ideal candidate should have a passion for solving complex technical problems until full resolution. The ability to handle multiple projects, operating within a large range of technologies, simultaneously and on schedule, while continuing to manage daily responsibilities is key. The successful candidate will be willing to take on tasks outside of their knowledgebase; be detail-oriented; be able to communicate effectively both written and verbally in technical and non-technical language to an array of cross-functional teams. The successful candidate must be a team player and help foster a fun positive work environment.
The successful candidate must possess a user-centered attitude, a desire to work in a team-oriented environment serving a diverse population, and the successful candidate will embody Infinity Management’s Core Purpose and uphold the Core Values.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or other engineering/technical field, or,
- 5+ years’ networking technology experience (e.g. data networking, systems, IT security)
- Layer 1-2 (ie: Trunking, VLANs, STP, Multicast, PPP, Frame/Relay, ATM, MPLS, Metro-E)
- General Layer 3 (ie: OSPF, BGP, Cisco VRFs, QOS, ACLs, Route redistribution, MPLS-VPNs, etc..)
- General Network Management Tools (ie: Orion, Splunk, Netflow, SMNP, logging, WhatsUp Gold, etc.)
- Network Security (ie: ACLs, Route-maps, Firewall, routing protocol authentication, etc…)
- Troubleshooting complex inter-company network issues.
- Network Services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc..)
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2008R2/2012 proficiency
- VMWare vSphere 6 knowledge
- SAN/NAS comprehension
- Dell Compellen, EM, and Nimble
- Cloud technologies and providers
- Amazon AW, Microsoft Azure and Cloud integration and backup technologies
- Experience in regulatory frameworks (e.g. HIPAA, SOX, PCI-DSS, GLBA, etc.)
- ITIL certification and hands-on experience
- Experience administering and managing
- Cisco ASA 55XX firewall, HP/Dell/Cisco/Extreme networking environments, F5/A10/Packeteer/NetScaler
- IDS/IPS systems, Application whitelisting and SonicWALL NSA series
- Proficiency and direct experience creating, documenting and exercising disaster recovery and business continuity plans. Experience working with business contingency plans, planning, testing and documenting.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written to various technical and non-technical colleagues.
- In-depth understanding of IT security management practices and procedures with 5+ years experience in configuring and hardening operating systems and application software.
- Experience in authoring and implementing information security policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand, analyze and react to complex technology issues.
- Proficiency with MS-Project, MS-Visio, MS-Office
- Telephony experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, sound judgment, initiative, flexibility, detail-oriented and accuracy with numbers
To apply for this job email your details to Info@princetonstaffingsolutions.com