Level III IT support, network and system change control, as well as maintenance and management guidance. Provide troubleshooting and problem resolution. Perform routine system maintenance and configuration. Oversee the daily upkeep and administration of the network infrastructure and computer systems. Responsible for the design, planning, implementation and maintenance of the company’s’ network infrastructure and architecture.
- Lead and provide expert guidance on the design, planning, implementation and maintenance of the company’s’ network infrastructure and architecture.
- Provide advanced tier 2 and 3 technical support.
- Establish and maintain internal network environment (servers, workstations, firewalls, switches, phones), which includes both local and remote users.
- Monitor and maintain system uptime, security, virtual environments, and disaster recovery.
- Design, implement and support Linux/Networking environments for affiliates, including troubleshooting and problem resolution for operating system and hardware issues.
- Support affiliate change requests and conversions.
- Provide support for engineering and professional services projects.
- Monitor and manage devices (servers and network gear).
- Troubleshoot problems reported directly by customers and internal technical support teams.
- Perform change management activities, which includes performing code upgrades to production systems.
- Study information on new technology.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Provide mentoring to junior level staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to learn and understand current and evolving technologies both at a high level and at a detailed level.
- Ability to communicate and problem solve efficiently and effectively with identified customers and IT personnel to ensure the implementation of accurate processes.
- Expert level knowledge of all aspects of administration for the Linux operating system including installation, management, application deployment, database management, and security.
- Expert knowledge of all aspects of network including installation, management, application deployment, advanced routing protocols, and security.
- Advanced documentation and communication skills.
- Advanced ability to be proactive, detail-oriented, and self motivated.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Seven (7) years of experience managing network and server infrastructure, including troubleshooting, physical installations, modifications, replacements and configuration changes. Service Provider experience desired.
- Experience debugging bridged/DHCP-based networks (including Option 82 use).
- Experience debugging PPPoE connections.
- Experience configuring Cisco routers and switches (IOS-based).
- Experience managing Linux environment (Redhat / Centos preferred).
- Experience VMWare management desired.
- Layer 2 network design and debugging (including 802.1q VLAN work) and Layer 3 network design and debugging.
- Good experience managing email platforms, DNS, web hosting, and network
To apply for this job please visit princetonstaffingsolutions.com.