The Application Support Analyst will support business critical applications for web-based application solutions. The qualified and selected candidate will develop production support plans and manage day-to-day operation inquiries, customer issues and incidents in production environment by performing the following responsibilities
• Proactively and expeditiously identify, diagnose, take corrective action and resolve application system incidents and problems.
• Proactively develop monitors and analyze system performance to ensure high availability.
• Document, communicate and escalate technical issues, manage to resolution and articulate business impact.
• Conduct root cause analysis of application system problems in a timely and effective manner.
• Recommend and implement changes in systems / procedures to avoid recurrences of system failures.
• Recommend and implement system changes to reduce required manual intervention in monitoring and managing system performance.
• Provide 24×7 on-call support through a rotational schedule
• Create and maintain application system documentation (e.g. knowledge articles) to enable Level 1 and Level 2 supportability
• Manage service request queue Monitor and fulfill business and product support requests.
• Collaborate closely with application development to understand the architecture and design and as warranted submit change requests for system improvements
• Participate in planning sessions regarding application, hardware and software changes. Actively engaged in pre- and post- implementation reviews.
• Ensure infrastructure and application, as well as IT processes and procedures, meet strict security requirements and comply with IT Risk Management guidelines.
• Monitor and measure production system performance and growth on an ongoing basis,
• Focus on Customers understanding how specific actions link to customer impact; ensures the customer’s needs and impact on the business are at the forefront of all decisions and actions
• Desired to have software/application support experience including deploying, diagnosing, and debugging complex Windows .NET/IIS and SQL Server based or internet-based applications
• Working Knowledge of application SQL Server functions, functional knowledge of databases with the ability to execute queries, joins, stored procedures and triggers
• Minimum of 2 years or relative experience supporting or developing .NET web applications
• Experience working with XML
• Experience with Web Services integration (SOAP, REST)
• Demonstrated technical aptitude, strong analytical and troubleshooting competencies
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be intrinsically motivated and detail oriented.
• Must be able to organize, multi-task and prioritize work
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a diverse, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Must have desire and ability to learn quickly.
• Must be willing to work some nights and weekend on-call support one or two weeks per month.
Additional Desirable Skills:
• SPLUNK Monitoring Tools
• Ready API/SOAP UI Test & Validation Services
• ServiceNow IT Service Management and Incident Management Tools
• Zenoss/SCOM monitoring tools
• ITIL experience or certification
• Microsoft IIS experience
To apply for this job email your details to Info@princetonstaffingsolutions.com