This is a Tier 2+ support position within our application administration team. The systems under our purview include user front ends, 3rd party Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications, operating systems and back-ends such as web application servers and databases. The candidate will be expected to troubleshoot, install, test, and deploy these systems as well as ensure the proper security. They will also be required to analyze application configurations, business processes, workflows and data to understand user issues and requirements.
Candidate must have a working knowledge of basic operating system administrative functions as well as working experience with troubleshooting, installation, upgrade and/or maintenance of a variety web technologies. Candidate must have basic SQL 2008 T-SQL scripting knowledge and basic understanding and functional knowledge of relational databases.
- Work effectively with end users to perform a thorough analysis of business operations and procedures with an eye towards increasing efficiency and productivity.
- Work with other IT teams in ongoing design, testing & support of business application system needs
- Install, test and support multiple application systems and databases in development and production environments on virtual servers
- Troubleshoot day to day application and/or database related issues
- Assist in security of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of resources and data
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive library of support and training documentation and problem/resolution guides, user specifications, business processes, functional specifications and system requirements.
- Evolve into multi-application subject matter expert for the team
- Take ownership of an aspect or task on a project with little to no assistance.
- Actively communicate technical and business aspects of work efforts to team members
- Manage time and resources effectively to bring software solutions to completion and provide timely status reports to management.
- A minimum of five years of combined experience as an Application Administrator/Support Specialist with multiple 3rd party vendor ERP applications.
- A minimum of two years working knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008 including basic administration involving Active Directory.
- A minimum of two years working knowledge of variety web technologies (IIS 7+, Websphere, Apache HTTP server, and/or Tomcat)
- A minimum of two years working knowledge of Microsoft SQL 2008 T-SQL scripting developing and supporting Queries, Views, Functions, and/or Procedures
- Basic understanding and functional knowledge of relational database schemas and associated administrative tasks (security, maintenance and/or backups)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English to effectively communicate with stakeholders, team and end users in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Professional demeanor and the ability to develop effective working relationships with team members, end users, and stakeholders.
- Must be a self-starter who is able to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- US Citizen, no sponsorships.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience developing for or supporting Microsoft’s SQL Server Business Intelligence (BI) stack
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Crystal Reports development and troubleshooting
- SQL Server Database Administrator experience utilizing SQL 2008; performing database and user security; performance tuning; maintenance plans, installations and database backup and restoration.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Technology Specialist (MCTS) and/or Database Administrator (MCDBA) certification(s).
- Knowledge of SQL Disaster recovery planning & execution.
- Knowledge of server hardware and capacity planning within virtual environments.
- Working experience supporting the following ERP applications:
- Kronos Workforce, Absence Management and/or Human Resource Payroll modules
- JD Edwards Financial, Fixed Asset, Budgeting, Inventory Management and/or Work Order Management modules
- Variety of Law Enforcement applications such Pegasus Confidential Informant, Court Notify, Digital Ally, Veripic, CTS Smart Cop and/or Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD)/Records Management Systems (RMS)/GIS
- Business function applications such as HEAT, CI Technologies IA Pro/Blue Team and/or Hughes Digital Signage
- Working knowledge of Microsoft .Net framework including C# or VB.Net, and ASP.Net.
Experience is REQUIRED both from a technical and functional application front end, set up, configuration, workflows, and business processes as well as the backend database. Experience should be with current and relative to Kronos Workforce Central v 7.0 and higher, v 8.0 experience and knowledge is preferred. Applications/module expertise should minimally be on Human Resource, Benefits Administration, Position Control/Management, Payroll, and Timekeeping. Preferable to also have Employee Self Service and Performance management experience.
SQL knowledge and base query writing and use skills required
To apply for this job please visit princetonstaffingsolutions.com.